As a teenager, I spent many hours in my room with headphones on listening to very loud music. Now, I get paid to do it. Still not sure how I managed that!
I grew up on a farm in Florida riding horses, motorcycles and surfing. I don't surf much anymore, but I still ride horses and motorcycles. I love nothing more than long, all day motorcycles rides. I'm sort of an adrenaline junkie and pretty much your all American girl, as happy in a pair of cowboy boots, or motorcycle boots, as I am in heels. Oh, and I'm a Gator fan. But I'll cheer for Georgia, as long as they're not playing the Gators.
I love to cook and I grow my own herbs. Not pot -- real herbs for cooking!
I love all types of music, but I think my favs are classic rock and country. They just seem to speak to me.
Connect with Julie
Weekdays, 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
If you haven't met The Zimmres, here they are. Some say they are the woeld oldest rock band and they are global superstars.
They have a 90-year-old lead singer and a cmbined age of more than 3,000.
There story begins with BBC documantary maker, Tim Samuels. Samuels set out to make a film about how badly the elderly are treated in Britian -- and decides to form a band with the lonely old people he finds in care homes, tower blocks and bingo halls. No one takes Samuel's idea seriously until he comes across record label owner Neil Reed - and U2 producer Mike Hedges - who believe that the elderly should be given a voice and manage to get access to the Beatles' old studio at Abbey Road.
On a magical day, the 40 old people - who have no musical background - come together at Abbey Road to record their version of The Who's 'My Generation', with 90-year-old Alf belting out the lead vocals.
Overnight, Alf, 99-year-old Winnie, 100-year-old Buster and the rest of the band become global sensations. Their video goes to number one on YouTube.
My friend Garry Smits, a sportswriter for the Florida Times Union in Jacksonville, FL helped me come up with this one. I will be asking listeners for more suggestions so feel free to email me @ julies@1049therebel if you have any to add.
#3 Georgia will face #4 ranked Alabama Monday night for the battle to the NCAA Championship. So we decided to come up with a drinking game, of course. Why? Because that's what we do! So get your beer, shots of choice, whatever, get ready and ENJOY!
1. If Nick Saban yells at his offensive coordinator, drink.
2. If the announcers mention that no Saban assistant has ever beaten him, take 2 drinks.
3. If Vince Dooley's 1980 national championship team is referenced, take two drinks.
4. If Herschel Walker is on camera, drink.
5. If Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm is compared to Buck Belue, drink.
6. If the words "ferocious" or "tenacious" are used about the Alabama defense, drink.
7. If Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is called a "velociraptor," drink.
8. If an Alabama fan in a Bear Bryant hat is on camera, drink.
9. If any announcer uses the words "hunker down," drink.
10. If Kirby Smart is captured with his visor on crooked, drink.
WIth the holidays quickly approaching look back at this 90's classic that taught us the true meaning of Christmas: getting revenge on your ex-wife! It's "The Santa Clause"
Here are 21 things that turn 21 this year!
We know people make mistakes but this is ridiculous!